Fast and feature-rich Ethereum client.
Built for mission-critical use: Miners, service providers, and exchanges need fast synchronisation and maximum uptime. OpenEthereum provides the core infrastructure essential for speedy and reliable services.
- Clean, modular codebase for easy customisation
- Advanced CLI-based client
- Minimal memory and storage footprint
- Synchronise in hours, not days with Warp Sync
- Modular for light integration into your service or product
OpenEthereum’s goal is to be the fastest, lightest, and most secure Ethereum client. We are developing OpenEthereum using the cutting-edge Rust programming language. OpenEthereum is licensed under the GPLv3 and can be used for all your Ethereum needs.
By default, OpenEthereum runs a JSON-RPC HTTP server on port
:8545 and a Web-Sockets server on port
:8546. This is fully configurable and supports a number of APIs.
- If you want to get a node up and running with OpenEthereum, see the Build guide.
- Frequently asked questions are answered on the FAQ.
- If you’re interested in mining with OpenEthereum, see the Mining guide.
- If you’d like to use the JSON-RPC interface with OpenEthereum, see the JSON-RPC guide.
- For Private chains and Proof of Authority Chains, you might find the Chain specification useful.
- Join our Discord chat if you have more questions.
- You can find source code in GitHub
- Explanation on GitHub labels can be found here: Labels
- Newest change note can be found in GitHub here: CHANGELOG